A Little Slower
Drive a little slower,
Take a look around,
Remember the houses,
The yellow stripes of time.
Walk a little slower,
Breathe in the fresh air,
Remember the look in strangers' eyes.
The glimpse into another's life.
Eat a little slower,
Take a moment to taste each taste,
Remember the server's name,
The complex simplicity of food.
Talk a littler slower,
Think about each word being said,
Remember each reply,
The interactions that form the day.
Move a little slower,
Pay attention to each muscle,
Remember how it feels,
The connect to the world.
Breathe a little slower,
Think about each breath,
Remember the heart beating in your chest,
The key to everything else.
Love a little slower,
Show your love and don't just say it,
Remember to put love above money,
The fuel to our success.
Laugh a little slower,
Really feel the emotion,
Remember to laugh often,
The relief from stress.
Dance a little slower,
Hold onto each word and note of music,
Remember the rhythm and beat,
The movements of life.
Live a little slower,
Take time to make your life what you want,
Remember that you only have one chance,
The choice to sit back or to live to the fullest.
Exist a little slower and you will know what happiness is.
By: Bethany M.
Bethany Maxwell's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Little Slower by Bethany Maxwell )
- Forever Purpurating Lavender, Stephen Warren Williams
- No Reason To Rush, Kewayne Wadley
- For To Be An Indian English Poet, An Eng.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- A Bag of Old Photographs, Mikey Bachman
- Surrealistic Bagging, michael walkerjohn
- What at a Sunrise Ends, michael walkerjohn
- Les Collaborations de Vie, michael walkerjohn
- Only movement, hasmukh amathalal
- Thoughtful Succour, michael walkerjohn
- Wrapped In Silk, michael walkerjohn
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- An Enigma, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)