Biswajit Basu Poems
- The Afghan Girl The red shawl frames her countenance soiled, ...
- A Ship In Stormy Seas The skies are as black, the winds wail ...
- The Colour Of Death The forest is clothed in green and brown,...
- Raindrops A drop of rain on the window pane, Rolls,
- A Colleague Retires.... It is not easy, and I don't know why,...
- An Ode To Mediocrity I am a mediocre guy and I am not being ...
- Corridors Of My Mind I wander alone dressed in resplendent ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Biswajit Basu
The Afghan Girl
The red shawl frames her countenance soiled,
A beautiful young girl of Pashtun descent,
Her brows gently arched,
Guides you to the twin ovals below,
Into the timeless infinity of her eyes,
A mysterious haunting beauty,
That reflect anger, hurt, sorrow,
And with hardship and fear radiating
With a singular feral ferocity,
Intermixed with a million other emotions,
Horror obliterating innocence,
Captured in an image,
Poised on the razor edge of time.
Those piercing eyes,
So nebulous and yet so firm
Convey nobility of a savage mould,...