Corridors Of My Mind
I wander alone dressed in resplendent light,
Through swirling clouds of evanescent haze,
Ghostly and suffused with myriad thoughts,
But they tauntingly elude my grasping gaze.
Each door opens to a new world, new views,
And so convoluted are these corridors,
Some sad, some happy some fearsome to behold,
But I cannot decide how to plot my course.
Why do I like these solitary forays?
Through undulating meadows of some lovely scene,
With beautiful clumps of blooming colour interspersed,
Foliage and flowers all crimson and green.
Waving tremulously, the lonely daisy I spied,
Gently tossed in the soft and fragrant breeze,
I peer intently at the beautiful world within,
As the bee sucks the honey in.
The waving blade of glass beckons me,
To tell him wither I had been,
He had many questions: the answers I do not know,
Like what my fate will really be.
So I walk through infinity of space and time,
Where no man has ever stepped before,
I look at these landscapes of the mind,
I lie down in this beauty for evermore.
So I wander aimlessly,
Through infinity to the infinitesimal in my mind,
The thrill of experiencing the doors that open for me,
To see what joy, sorrow or fear I find.
Biswajit Basu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Corridors Of My Mind by Biswajit Basu )
- Mid-City's Nursery Rhyme, James B. Earley
- Mum's Birthday, Raghda Ashraf Soliman
- Limerick-14, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- When My Ship Comes In, Mawunyo Adjei
- With elegant grace she overflowed, Erato
- My Words, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Sealed, Valerie Dohren
- Enamored Love, Lilly Emery
- The Futility Of Illusions, Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Tour of Autumn, Cathy Hodgson
Poem of the Day
- Identity, Cyrus Diaz
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Udiah (witness to Yah)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Heather Burns