David Beckham Poems
- The Theory Of Absolution Dearest Son, Today is the day ...
- Mirage Laying on God’s green earth and staring at the far ...
- Ophelia Ophelia Down in the burrow; my heart, Ophelia She ...
- Dear Poet Dear Poet, You brought your words to me Your...
- The Man Behind The Dark Glasse... The man behind the dark ...
- Volunteer Junkie Listen darnit and listen hard! Catch the ...
- The Pessimist How sweet was that day I was born? When now I...
I was born in Madrid, Spain. My family migrated back to Nigeria when I was about 3 years old. Today I live in Madison, WI.
I love poetry. I love the 'Arts'...Art is all around us.
I am not the Soccer Star David Beckham; but I do play and coach soccer as well.
I just turned 33 in July. That is how old Jesus was when he died.
I am happy to be alive and ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
The Theory Of Absolution
Today is the day that you are born
Your eventual exception to the way I will raise you will remain
Hugs, flowers and kisses, everything that I have I give to you
I wish I could isolate myself from your life
From whom you are going to grow up to be
But how can I? … The apple does not fall far from the tree!
Therefore my apologies at this time of birth I offer
That my ideas rub off on you and cause you to be who you didn’t want to be
Or that my way of upbringing causes you to be a recluse
But you did all ...