David Beckham Poems
- Do Your Best You can't be perfect You can't always be the ...
- If I Could Turn Back The Hands... I wish I could make ...
- Allow Me To Introduce Myself I hate to talk about self Why ...
- Haiku - Morality
- Rain, Rain, Go Away Up above is the bright blue sky Blue it ...
- Haiku - Fishing For Poems
I was born in Madrid, Spain. My family migrated back to Nigeria when I was about 3 years old. Today I live in Madison, WI.
I love poetry. I love the 'Arts'...Art is all around us.
I am not the Soccer Star David Beckham; but I do play and coach soccer as well.
I just turned 33 in July. That is how old Jesus was when he died.
I am happy to be alive and ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Do Your Best
You can't be perfect
You can't always be the greatest
What commands the most respect
Is your effort to do your best
When the curtain is finally down
And the music has finally stopped
There is nothing more satisfying to self
Than to say, 'I did my best'
It’s healing to say the least
And empowering to hear people say
'All the labor of your hands
Will never be in vain'
In those words you'll find perfection
They mirror all your effort
If ever in need of courage
Pick this poem and read again
You might not be the greatest