ENOCH JOHN Poems
- Trinidad And Tobago Carnival Islands of these Caribbean ...
- A Puzzle Walking in the shadows of love Seems always ...
- A Grain Of Sand alone, in the monumental scheme of ...
- Ice Maiden Oh, Ransomed soul. Oh, heart aglow. Divine ...
- Love And War Fear binds us to the earth But faith lifts us...
- Song For A St Lucian Bard [For Derek Walcott] Far from the...
- Voyage the sun peeks at me through his yellowed gaze his ...
Teacher/Poet, holds a teacher's diploma /Valsayn Teachers' College
A degree in English from THE UNIVERSITY OF THE WEST INDIES
Working on a postgraduate dissertation.Wants to become one of the greatest poets of the modern dispensation.Has read Shakespeare, Dante and Walcott.
A writer in exile at home.
Has a passion for poetry.
Presently working on another ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about ENOCH JOHN
Trinidad And Tobago Carnival
Islands of these Caribbean waters that sparkle in earth's orb,
Like a kaleidoscope of colours in an artistic display of genius.We hear
A malady of intoxicating melodies which exhilarates, thousands
Worshipping at the shrine of steel pan at the Savannah,
Their bodies swaying like coconut trees caught in the Carnival gale
Of Monday's cadence, that ascends to the frenzied climax
of Tuesday mas.
O Caribbean Sea! Your waters dance like a troupe of Best Village belles,
Choreographed by the infectious rhythms of the sea-nymph Calypso, in Arima
San Fernando, Chaguanas, ...