Eugene Levich Poems
- Souls Souls I wonder if monkeys have souls. Their DNA and...
- A Thousand Poems- (In Honor Of...
- Catskill Winter,2015 Blowing snow And it ain't ...
- Ah! Italia! Ah! Italia Land of Vino Gina ...
- Tragedy And Comedy Tragedy and Comedy So intertwined! We ...
- Considering Two Spanish Poets ...
- Heaven "Whenever you meet a contradiction You must ...
Doctorate in Far Eastern Languages and Civilizations, the University of Chicago. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
I wonder if monkeys have souls.
Their DNA and ours are almost identical—by 95 percent!
Some say ninety-eight!
Deoxyribonucleic acid is neither charade nor pretense
Do monkeys wonder if we have souls?
And if monkeys do have souls, what about
Ranger—my wonderful childhood canine brother?
‘Cause he seemed often more human than people
And displayed more brains than many.
Dogs enjoy a heavenly patron—Saint Roch
Who died in 1327—
Wouldn't he lead all the good dogs in?
If my soul does enter heaven-
As unlikely a ...