mist cloud unexpectedly
Big eye satellite
look at our activities
on the sandy beach.
Big space telescope
tuned fine on solar system
looks for small angels.
The white moon hangs sickle
above the bright morning sun
in the dull blue sky.
An eye peeps far off
and telescope watch blue sun
in very dark place.
A black round circle is
a blue ring in photosphere
in glamour photo.
The moon eclipses with
copper red colour burning
next to dull blue star.
diamond ring impress in
eclipse of the sun.
Gert Strydom's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Space Haiku’s by Gert Strydom )
- Between me and You, Rathna nagaraja
- Concepts 24, Somanathan Iyer
- Wind and storm, Somanathan Iyer
- Artistic Eye, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- 9 June 2014, Shri R Brahma
- Hiding Behind Masks, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- God's Will, Kathryn Tyler King
- 6 June 2014, Shri R Brahma
- 4 June 2014, Shri R Brahma
- Breeze, Brian Hyun Kim
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- 1861, Walt Whitman
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- City That Does Not Sleep, Federico García Lorca
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)