ian westwood Poems
- Estuary Noble artery, Linking land and sea. How I marvel ...
- Motorway White lines, blue signs, ghost light defines THE ...
- The Branch Breaks A spontaneous short poem, entitled, THE ...
- White And Black The night is black, The town is black, ...
- The Night Drifts THE NIGHT DRIFTS The night drifts in slow...
- A Lament For Syria I can hear the children crying As each ...
- It's A Long Way It's a long way I've come, It's a long way ...
There is so much to say about my biography. I studied at Bristol University, England to become a Civil Engineer in 1970. I completed my PhD in Coastal Engineering at Southampton University, England in 1981. Besides being an engineer, I am a poet and mathematician. I hope this is enough to create a picture of me! more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about ian westwood
Linking land and sea.
How I marvel at your rise and fall,
Engulfing sandy havens in your wake,
Exposing littered artefacts
At each dawn’s call,
Claiming your prowess at every stake.
Tapping twisting rivers far and wide,
How graceful your gliding waters,
Shifting ever seawards,
Turning into brine,
At every turn of tide.
Scouring with your currents
Swirling with your turbulence
Into billowing plumes.
Solitary grains conveyed
To distant lands,