Izumi Shikibu Poems
- If The One I'Ve Waited For If the one I've waited for came ...
- Watching The Moon Watching the moon at dawn solitary, ...
- Plum Blossom I cannot say which is which: the glowing ...
- Although The Wind Although the wind blows terribly ...
- Although I Try Although I try to hold the single thought of...
Izumi Shikibu was a mid Heian period Japanese poet. She is a member of the Thirty-six Medieval Poetry Immortals. She was the contemporary of Murasaki Shikibu and Akazome Emon at the court of Joto Mon'in, and was perhaps the greatest poet of her time.
Izumi Shikibu was the daughter of Oe no Masamune, governor of Echizen. Her mother was the daughter of Taira no Yasuhira, governor of ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Izumi Shikibu
If The One I'Ve Waited For
If the one I've waited for
came now, what should I do?
This morning's garden filled with snow
is far too lovely
for footsteps to mar.