Kaitlin Schmidt Poems
- Anxiety Standing still, feet planted Body frozen, mind ...
- I Am Perfect The Way I Am The confidence I spent years ...
- A Final Farewell Tears fall, they just won't end It seems my...
- Imaginary The imaginary power takes over the world, and the ...
- I Want To Want Myself I want to believe I don't just take up ...
- My Realization My realization has just now begun My life's ...
- Drowning Breathlessly Drowning breathlessly never ...
Hey everyone! I'm 18 and love writing, music and sports. I am using this website to share my works with others, and get feedback on how to improve them. I would love for my poems to inspire and connect with others even if it is just one person. I am hoping to improve my writing style so if you have any tips please share. All copyright to me. Please ask if you wish to use them in any way. Thank ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Standing still, feet planted
Body frozen, mind racing
Fear takes over
Like another entity
That controls all
It pleasures in knowing
No advancement has taken place
Nothing has been overcome just stillness
It delights in knowing
How much power it has
Over that insecure body
Manipulation will be easy
Soon anxiety sets in
Causing the body to tremble
The more intense the trembling becomes
The more the certainty declines
As the body gets sucked down
The path of anxiety
Fear becomes overjoyed
Its job is done