Kathleen West Poems
- Deer Hunting Time Is Here Agai... Deer hunting time is here ...
- #1 Tribute To My Father Another year has come full circle ...
- I Prayed To God To Send Me A F... I prayed to God to send ...
- A Prayer Fill me Lord with your love So there's room for ...
- First Love It's so nice to know someone Who thinks that way ...
- My Horse And Me I LOVE MY HORSE AND I'LL TELL YOU WHY HE'S ...
- Missing Dad A man must labor all his life But what makes him...
The power of words, and how it affects people, is amazing to me. Words create understanding between people. The rhythm of a beautifully written verse, has an almost musical flow to it, and is a joy to the reader.
I started writing poetry in my early teens, and ever since, have kept my best writings in a book. Some of my poems were written for a special occassion, others given as ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Deer Hunting Time Is Here Again
Deer hunting time is here again
And many hunters take to the woods
After months of planning with family and friends
They gather in common brotherhood
It's a freedom that fills the soul of a man
With the peace of God's nature all around
Lessons that have been taught since time began
And lifelong memories and friendships are found
Hunting is taught by tradition still yet
Knowledge passed on from man to man
And you'll learn things that you'll never forget
And respect nature more, our wildlife, and our land
So all you hunters enjoy this time