Khembottra Oum Poems
- 24 Hour Donut Shop Your doors are always open to me, A ...
- No More Masks Can you bring a bottle? You know, the elixir ...
- Fear Of all the things that men fear the most it is neither ...
- Brother I can see the darkness thats inside of you. Come on ...
- Never Lets Go Upside down and all around Shadows cross a ...
- Cigarette I've seen the mountains, oceans, and skies, ...
- Demon Sutra Pain lingers around, like a homeless man dead ...
Khembottra Oum is an American/Cambodian poet from Long Beach, CA. His poems mainly focus on religion, love, and the human condition. Besides being influenced by poets of the past, he cites that battle rapping and hip hop artists have contributed to his unique style. He continues to test the limits of poetry and wants to bring it back as an important medium of popular culture. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Khembottra Oum
24 Hour Donut Shop
Your doors are always open to me,
A place where I find solace and peace,
This is the only place where I wanna be.
By myself and its 3 in the morning.
The donut maker doesn't want to talk.
Its quiet and my heart is not very far.
I look outside the glass window,
Streetlight people with no place to go.
We're the same, searching for a real home.
The world is beautiful at this time,
The pain in my eyes may never stop,
But I always find hope in this 24 hour donut shop.