Matthias Pantaleon Poems
- Andoni Islands As the wind blows toward to my homeland my ...
- The Sonnet Dear brother, sister, can you see the light Or ...
- The Unusual Sonnet West have everything I need Why go north ...
- Their Eyes Were Watching God The innocence of childhood, ...
- Andoni On My Mind Home is in the mind We never truly forget ...
- Chiquitita I hope to see you sometime soon Try not to miss ...
- Victory Comes In The Morning I've been in the cage for too ...
Matthias Pantaleon (born 24 August,1984) is a Nigerian poet, playwright and lyricist. He embraced the whole sphere of contemporary studies and distinguished himself as a man of letters. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Quotationsmore quotations »
'''The things that cause a quiet life are not expensive; yet we ignore them. The things that ruin our lives are quite expensive; we acquire them anyway'Passion * Nature * Sacrifice
'''Listen to palms rhythm; hear the birds chirp like rock stars. Poetry is star above the rocks'Rockstar * Palms * Rhythm
'''I heard of a building with two doors and one window; both doors are at the rear, the window is by the side. The problem is that there is no exit for all entrance.'Philosophical reasoning
As the wind blows toward to my homeland
my heart melt a thousand times
From afar I could hear the waves
whispering on the river bank
Sun smiles more beautiful on water surface
Blue sky merge where earth meets heaven
Palms sway this way and that
Homeland is greener than ever
The pulse of my heart increases
As I draw closer to the shore
This is home to many sons afar
Sons who may never see their motherland
As I thought of sons who have fallen
in distant land tears pour plentiful
How foolish we are to think
We will ever be happy in ...