Nasir Kazmi (8 December 1925 - 2 March 1972 / Ambala / British India)
Syed Nasir Raza Kazmi (Urdu: سید ناصر رضا كاظمی ) was a renowned Urdu poet of Pakistan. He was one of the greatest poets of this era, especially in the use of "ista'aaray" and "chhotee beher". Kazmi was born on December 8, 1925 at Ambala in British India.
Education and Career
Kazmi was educated at Ambala, Simla and Lahore. He returned to Ambala in 1945 and started looking after his ancestral land. After the creation of Pakistan in 1947, he came to Lahore.
He did some journalistic work with Auraq-e-Nau as an editor and became editor-in-chief of the magazine Humayun in 1952. Later he was associated with Radio Pakistan, Lahore and other literary ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
- Aj to be-sabab udas hai ji
- Apni Dhun Main Rahta Hun
- Araish E Khayal Bhi Ho Dilkusha Bhi Ho
- Be minnat-e-Khizr-e-raah rahnaa
- Dard kam hone laga aao ke kuch raat kate
- Dayar-e-dil ki rat main chirag sa jala g...
- Dil Dharakne Ka Sabab Yad Aya
- Dil Main Ik Lahar Si Uthi Hai Abhi
- Dukh Ki Lahar Ne Chera Hoga
- Forgotten Tales
- Girifta Dil Hain Bahut Aj Tere Diwane