Syed Nasir Raza Kazmi (Urdu: سید ناصر رضا كاظمی ) was a renowned Urdu poet of Pakistan. He was one of the greatest poets of this era, especially in the use of "ista'aaray" and "chhotee beher". Kazmi was born on December 8, 1925 at Ambala in British India.
Education and Career
Kazmi was educated at Ambala, Simla and Lahore. He returned to Ambala in 1945 and started looking after his ancestral land. After the creation of Pakistan in 1947, he came to Lahore.
He did some journalistic work with Auraq-e-Nau as an editor and became editor-in-chief of the magazine Humayun in 1952. Later he was associated with Radio Pakistan, Lahore and other ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
- Apni Dhun Main Rahta Hun
- Dil Dharakne Ka Sabab Yad Aya
- Dard kam hone laga aao ke kuch raat kate
- Kuch Yadgar E Shahar E Sitamgar Hi Le Ch...
- Dukh Ki Lahar Ne Chera Hoga
- Aj to be-sabab udas hai ji
- Jurm-e-inkaar kii sazaa hii de
- Kisi Kali Ne Bhi Dekha Na Ankh Bhar K Mu...
- Dayar-e-dil ki rat main chirag sa jala g...
- Araish E Khayal Bhi Ho Dilkusha Bhi Ho
- Dil Main Ik Lahar Si Uthi Hai Abhi
- Kuch To Ehsas E Ziyan Tha Pahle
Comments about Nasir Kazmi
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)