Anti-Love Poem #1
When you've loved someone,
As much as you're capable of,
Just let them go. Even better,
Don't write about them- ever.
If you must, let it be once only
And let that be as their epitaph.
Let the seasons and the wind
Sweep away the painful memories
Don't try to re-start fire from a faded puff of smoke.
And give yourself some time to recover.
If you must write thousands of lines
About what went wrong, or why,
For gods sake burn it- burn it quickly
Don't leave it lying around for others eyes to see
And for the dance line to start forming behind you:
The Designated Mourners of decayed, extinct love affairs
Don't forget to leave some room for the next good thing
Which has been waiting patiently at your door
While you've been existing only in the past
As a one-dimensional loser.
Remember, there's only a one letter difference.
Patti Masterman's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Anti-Love Poem #1 by Patti Masterman )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- From Dust To Dust, Neela Nath
- Long ago and far away., richard harris
- The Sisters Jayne, Randy McClave
- DIVINE FAITH & COMPASSION, Tom Zart
- THEY NAMED ME A NAUGHTY BOY كانوا ينادون.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Night, Apurva Prabhudesai
- MOTHER EARTH SANCTUARY CAFÉ, Suzae Chevalier
- Blazing Temples, Buxton Shippy
- Why Haven't You Spoken Yet, Jake?, Maung Khett Seinn
- snow person, lee fones