Percy Dovetonsils Poems
- An Insistent Knocking Life, said the old poet is an ...
- I'Ve Missed The Boat I’ve missed the boat. And that’s not ...
- The Literacy Holocaust First they came for the independent ...
- Being Frank Sinatra What I wouldn't give to be Frankie Blue ...
- What I Have I have a rendezvous with destiny. She is the ...
- The United States Of Dreams In my cramped world I only find ...
- Ring Ring Words are like merry-go-rounds.
Percy Dovetonsils is the nom de plume of Doug Lane, who laughed himself nearly to death when he first heard/saw Percy Dovetonsils lisping in his cravate on the old Ernie Kovacs Show. Doug Lane is alive and worrying about his credit card balances in Los Angeles, California. He some day hopes to grow himself a mustache as thin as Percy's. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Percy Dovetonsils
An Insistent Knocking
Life, said the old poet
is an insistent knocking
on doors that won't open
that won't be there
by the time
So relax, stop knocking,
sit on the stoop
in front of the house
that won't be there.
the houseless owner,
looking for a new house,
a new way through,
and you'll find
he doesn't look any better than,
or different from,