Percy Dovetonsils Poems
- The United States Of Dreams In my cramped world I only find ...
- An Insistent Knocking Life, said the old poet is an ...
- Buzz Aldrin, Space Imperialist Buzz Aldrin, Space ...
- The Literacy Holocaust First they came for the independent ...
- Everybody Else Took The Shortc... As far as I can tell I’m ...
- Being Frank Sinatra What I wouldn't give to be Frankie Blue ...
- Confidence Man I'll tell you why I wear this tie, and why ...
Percy Dovetonsils is the nom de plume of Doug Lane, who laughed himself nearly to death when he first heard/saw Percy Dovetonsils lisping in his cravate on the old Ernie Kovacs Show. Doug Lane is alive and worrying about his credit card balances in Los Angeles, California. He some day hopes to grow himself a mustache as thin as Percy's. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Percy Dovetonsils
The United States Of Dreams
In my cramped world
I only find room
in my sleep.
If the U.S.
is Mexico’s safety valve,
the place where folks
who can’t take too much Mexico
then The United States of Dreams,
is my America,
and I creep across La Frontera
to the Land of Possibility
dodging the border partrol, the rattlers,
the heat, and the cars on the 5 Freeway,
in hopes of reaching Ho-wood
to the stars.