001 Light Beer
There was a gal from Timbuktu
Who got drunk every time she drank one brew.
I said, I understand your plight
So instead just drink a Miller Lite.
It won’t put you in a stew.
In fact it’s the nearest thing to water
So try it out, you oughter
Just quaff it down
Don’t make a frown
Pretend you’re the preacher’s daughter.
She tried it out that day
And here’s what she had to say:
Now I can drink a brew
Maybe one or two
And keep from feeling gay.
Weak water-like Lite Miller
Is not a stomach filler
I know it’ll bore you
But has less calories for you
Endorsed by Phyliss Diller.
Myself, I like a stronger brew
With calories about one fifty two
With many a bitter hop
And a big ole head on top
A beer you can almost chew.
Something like English Porter or Stout
That’s what true beer is all about
Or an IPA India Pale
The best kind of ale
Will make you want to shout
Gimmie a brew with some clout!
George Hunter's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (001 Light Beer by George Hunter )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- In Just One Week They Said That You Were.., mary douglas
- Bible Thumpers and Fuzzy Bumpers, Monk E. Biz
- The Greatness of Ascetics(Section 3 of T.., rajendran muthiah
- It came like a storm, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- please don't take her, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- Car Lights (Haiku), Jesus James Llorico
- Expression Eruption: Alcohol, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- Death please came and take me, tsholofelo phakathi
- The Ph.D. Guide & The Girl Scholar (A Lo.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- And Were You Dreaming In The Licorice Ni.., mary douglas