A Cat Called Nan
I once had a cat called Nan
Whose tail got caught in a fan.
It whirled her around
And naught could be found
But some fur and a piece or her can.
Big Fat Cat
I once had a big fat cat
Who caught a big friendly rat.
She played with it like a toy
It gave her so much joy
That she spared it and that was that.
Jack The Cat
Once had a cat named Jack
Who'd roll over on his back
He was so cute
Didn't give him the boot
Couldn't bear to give him the sack.
He's just loll around all day
Wanting to romp and play.
He'd get lots of attention
Not to mention
A big bowl of milk each day.
George Hunter's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Cat Limericks by George Hunter )
- busy busy busy busy, gordon nosworthy
- Take this, if you so desire, gajanan mishra
- Friendship Means.., Athena Hood
- G, Nassy Fesharaki
- Side, Ruta Wuneh
- Unknown, Ruta Wuneh
- Bashfulness is the ornament for a youthf.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Yours, and only mine, Maya Tod
- IQ poeam, Angry Brownbear
- Lacklustre thoughts, Angry Brownbear
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- My Love Is Like To Ice, Edmund Spenser
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Viggo Stuckenberg
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1841 - 1896)
William Schwenck Gilbert
(1836 - 1911)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns