1.15.GIVE UP DESIRING OTHERS' WIFE
1.Unaware of loving others’
woman, among learned.
2.Among unvirtuous, idiots wait
Others’ woman gate.
3.Loving unsuspected others’ woman
considered as dead.
4.unthinking adultery of great
what can he?
5.Presuming adultery easy, adulterer’s
defamation is constant
6.Adulterer deserves incessant antagonism
sin, fear, slander
7.Righteous detests the fascination
of other women;
8.Manlines neglecting other woman
great berides charity.
9.Advantageous on earth are
unembracing others’ woman.
10.Disliking others’ woman, creditable
even undoing charity
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Dedicated to Thiruvalluvar(31B.C) , the author in Tamil
Translated by S.Kandasamy, MUSIRI, TAMILNADU, INDIA
Published in poehunter.com on 18-12-13
SELLAMUTHU KANDASAMY's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (1.15.GIVE UP DESIRING OTHERS' WIFE by SELLAMUTHU KANDASAMY )
- Return of the Friend, Mohja Kahf
- On The Run In The Dream, Albert Martin
- My Grandmother Washes Her Feet in the Si.., Mohja Kahf
- Joan Rivers, Ima Ryma
- First October Twentieth Fourteen, Tony Adah
- تحية طيبة, خليل مردم بك
- Happy Writer, Cynthia BuhainBaello
- هذا وربك مثوى كل إنسان, خليل مردم بك
- Scars Never Heal, Cynthia BuhainBaello
- Closed Doors, Omar Eldamsheety
Poem of the Day
(July 15 1964)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Viggo Stuckenberg
(April 13,1939 - August 30, 2013)
- Heather Burns