Karl Stuart Kline
(1.4) My Sweet Peggy
She was my sunshine,
My only sunshine,
She made me happy
When skies were grey,
You cannot know, Lord,
How much I loved her
Or you'd not take
My Sunshine away...
My sweet Peggy...
The length and breadth of this world
Cannot contain what I feel for you...
Time itself will melt before the blast
And our love will be known beyond our lifetimes.
You were sick and I was by your side,
We fought, we hoped, we prayed, but you died.
I was there for your last breath and I cried...
Karl Stuart Kline's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ((1.4) My Sweet Peggy by Karl Stuart Kline )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Lost, Tiku akp
- The Spider and the Spray Can Man, Donal Mahoney
- Your Emerald Eyes, Francie Lynch
- The Truth Is Not Blind, Wilfred Mellers
- Intuition, Violet Winters
- Thirteen, gajanan mishra
- Writer's Block, Violet Winters
- Overnight Bag, Violet Winters
- Change the Channel, Violet Winters
- Synthetic Blindness, Marieta Maglas