1 Cross + 3 Nails = 4 Given
Mathematics! 1 Cross + 3 Nails = 4 Given,
So, what is the total sum your life has been liven?
Do you add and multiply only the Christian good?
Dividing or subtracting wrongs to the brotherhood?
A pastor, reverend and I eat lunch at Applebee’s,
We invited a server to church, she said, “Please! ”
On Sunday’s we get lots of the after church crowd,
They are rude, nasty, seldom tip and extremely loud.
Wow! Is it any wonder many people refuse to attend,
Plus friction among the congregation that lies within,
When I’m already in a state of confusion fueled by hurt,
Why leave the comforts of home to receive it in church?
Upon asking there’s an integral part most seem to forget,
Without forgiving, scripture assures you won’t receive it,
No matter how great the need and sincerity of the prayer,
Neither can selfish or lustful desires allow you to get there.
Stop and just image for a few brief moments if you will,
God loved Jesus too much not allowing Him to be killed,
If the Almighty kept a record of everything we did wrong,
Would His judgment list for you be way short or too long?
Well! Whom would you worship & whom could we praise?
Where else can anyone find answers seeking brighter days?
What if hell breaks loose, as the good is no longer the same?
How about not ending our prayer request, “in Jesus name? ”
The bible is very clear and there is simply no maybe or if,
It’s not about any of our good works but the Kingdom’s gift,
Hey fool! Why take even the slightest chance of loosing out?
It only takes two words, “I’m sorry” spoken from your mouth.
w/Jeff Ricky Cheeks & Rev. Bob Rogers
Luke Easter's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (1 Cross + 3 Nails = 4 Given by Luke Easter )
- Feast in candlelight, Fadhil Al Azzawi
- Countryside Today, Sentamu Aziz
- When the sky still had no name, Fadhil Al Azzawi
- Golden Sacrifice, Kwai Chee Low
- Inside a black hole, Fadhil Al Azzawi
- 2 October 2014, Shri R Brahma
- Elegy Number Six, Nouri al Jarrah
- Elegy Number Three, Nouri al Jarrah
- looking, llinda bevan
- Elegy Number Two, Nouri al Jarrah
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Thought, Robert Louis Stevenson
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan
- Not Waving but Drowning, Stevie Smith
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Tarantella, Hilaire Belloc
- First Day at School, Roger McGough
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)