1 Cross + 3 Nails = 4 Given
Mathematics! 1 Cross + 3 Nails = 4 Given,
So, what is the total sum your life has been liven?
Do you add and multiply only the Christian good?
Dividing or subtracting wrongs to the brotherhood?
A pastor, reverend and I eat lunch at Applebee’s,
We invited a server to church, she said, “Please! ”
On Sunday’s we get lots of the after church crowd,
They are rude, nasty, seldom tip and extremely loud.
Wow! Is it any wonder many people refuse to attend,
Plus friction among the congregation that lies within,
When I’m already in a state of confusion fueled by hurt,
Why leave the comforts of home to receive it in church?
Upon asking there’s an integral part most seem to forget,
Without forgiving, scripture assures you won’t receive it,
No matter how great the need and sincerity of the prayer,
Neither can selfish or lustful desires allow you to get there.
Stop and just image for a few brief moments if you will,
God loved Jesus too much not allowing Him to be killed,
If the Almighty kept a record of everything we did wrong,
Would His judgment list for you be way short or too long?
Well! Whom would you worship & whom could we praise?
Where else can anyone find answers seeking brighter days?
What if hell breaks loose, as the good is no longer the same?
How about not ending our prayer request, “in Jesus name? ”
The bible is very clear and there is simply no maybe or if,
It’s not about any of our good works but the Kingdom’s gift,
Hey fool! Why take even the slightest chance of loosing out?
It only takes two words, “I’m sorry” spoken from your mouth.
w/Jeff Ricky Cheeks & Rev. Bob Rogers
Luke Easter's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (1 Cross + 3 Nails = 4 Given by Luke Easter )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- A Homage To The Freedom Fighters Of India, Raja Basu
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Blow, Blow, Thou Winter Wind, William Shakespeare
- The Shoelace, Charles Bukowski
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
Poem of the Day
- Vampire, Alem Hailu Gabre Kristos
- Waiting Impatiently, Amitava Sur
- Recalling with Emotion in Foreign Land (.., Luo Zhihai
- To Live and to Love, Hannington Mumo
- The bad boy mentality, Alem Hailu Gabre Kristos
- A sunflower soul, Alem Hailu Gabre Kristos
- BFF - dOnE - playing kEtCh uP, sEaN nOrTh
- A 360 turn, Alem Hailu Gabre Kristos
- an i like you that way - sweetest thing .., sEaN nOrTh
- Longing, Michael P. McParland