Tonight I slip on a banana peel
I fall backwards: Bust my back
Disfiguring scars covering my heart
Hurt less than the day you left me!
Time has not been kind to my wounds
Healing fleeing from my vocab!
A great dust bowl nature's thieves
Their final conquest the graveyards of my thoughts
My abandoned soul a dried up riverbed
So clear, so visible, yet void of life
When will the next spring thaw arrive?
Rushing down the valley of despair!
Replenish my river of dreams
Is this wishful thinking?
What if it does not snow again?
What if your clouds do gather again!
Flood the mountaintops of a new distant land
Where you parked your loving breaths?
Hers-not my riverbed- will overflow,
This coming spring while mine dies of thirst!
Rich silt of life overflows her banks
While exposing the dust in my riverbed
Stale smells the hallmark of despair
10,000 wishes of death my last breath!
Copyright Leaking Pen 2013
Leaking Pen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (10,000 wishes by Leaking Pen )
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.19, Monk E. Biz
- The Puppet of His Heart, Robert Rorabeck
- Turn Your Back, Tyrone Gayle
- My name is Death, Roxanne Dubarry
- Paleolithic Mermaid, Robert Rorabeck
- For truth only, gajanan mishra
- Clouds Out To Lunch, Robert Rorabeck
- Trouble, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Those Living Deluded, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Integrity Practiced, Lawrence S. Pertillar