The stage is set
The risers placed
Butterflies should be in bed.
But no! Oh no!
Stubborn like hunger
They float in my stomach
Give me the chill
Freeze my will
Make me ill.
Where your hearts belong
Out there in nature's garden
Why shelter in the darkness of my stomach?
Leave me alone
I have my own concerns
Don't need more wings
Fluttering with fears.
The breath of life, where are you?
Take a deep breath I'm told,
To help expand my lungs
And cast away from my stomach
I will perform well tonight,
Walk on stage
Proud in my walk
Towards the grand piano
And face all these faces
Why are they still staring at me?
Oh I forgot to chase away the last butterfly
Tilting my gift to a panic!
Away! Away I breathe you away,
Last butterfly from my loins
I am free to face fear without fear
My house is cleared from all fears.
Butterflies I pin you on this poem
A reminder never to have fears from within,
You belong out there in nature
I embrace and celebrate your gift
The gift of life itself;
Pollination, an outreach from God's mind.
I do not fear my nature anymore,
I discovered the yoga in my breath!
Copyright Leaking Pen 2012
Rev Nov 7th 2014
Leaking Pen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Butterflies by Leaking Pen )
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
- Christina Georgina Rossetti
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The Three Kings, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Merry Christmas My Love, Michael P. McParland
- Christmas Spirit, Paul Moosberg
- 'My Christmas Prayer' (For all who have .., Linda Winchell
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Failure of Communion, Judith Wright
Poem of the Day
- To Mr. Blanchard, the Celebrated Aeronau.., Philip Freneau
- Sherman, Kim Barney
- If I Could, Michael P. McParland
- Christmas Carol,, Luo Zhihai
- Santa, Nassy Fesharaki
- Boat race., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Shall I Compare Thee 2, Kim Barney
- Salt on Watermelon 2, Kim Barney
- I Know, I Believe, Kim Hilliker
- I Will, Michael P. McParland