2 My River II (The Riverbank Reflected - Upside Down)
Floating down to the tide
With riverbank on either side
Each green and serene
For both appear better
Than where I currently am
But upon reflection from afar
The sight is not quite so bright
Both worlds turned upside down
Perhaps a better choice to drown?
Further down the river's flow
Going with the undertow
Fate will determine which side to land
And once ashore?
The scene that looked so green and serene
Will be proved right
The other side not quite so bright
Still upside down.
Casual Diamond's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (2 My River II (The Riverbank Reflected - Upside Down) by Casual Diamond )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- lack of caffeine means this, Mandolyn ...
- Happy Birthday Son, Rowina M Mallick
- Why Do Turtles Cross The Road?, Darlene Walsh
- Distress, Nick Kler
- To Be A Poet Traced Stepping Stones, Terence G. Craddock
- Where Are The People Who Say They Love, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Cryptic Revealed Smile Enigmatic Eye Awa.., Terence G. Craddock
- X, Midnights Voice
- Drone .....[little SPY 'fly-by'; definit.., Bri Edwards
- Opposite People, Tony Adah