2 To The 5th Power
Peripheral battle lines
are secretly drawn
wine breathed pawns.
Mathematically strategized goals.
Sentinels call out moves and hours.
Foot soldiers advance toward
opposing sides 2 to the 4th power.
Alternating flag flown
on white and dark tower.
Quartered unmanned horses
roam 2 to the 5th power.
Royalty safely guarded and hid
behind rock walls tiered flowers.
Domination of linear spaced
cubic grid 2 to the 6th power.
Coveted royal crowns
and squares delicately paced
by clerics cloned and robed
bound on diagonal straights.
Ranks one through eight
attacking in combination.
Captain Cur's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
of chess now and again!
Comments about this poem (2 To The 5th Power by Captain Cur )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Handsome and king, hasmukh amathalal
- Stoned by sadness, Nalini Chaturvedi
- The Goodness of a Life-mate (Section-6 .., rajendran muthiah
- Heart to, hasmukh amathalal
- An Ode to my Tree, Kelly Curiel
- foliage, snehanair manikkath
- Love Lures Life! - sonnet-, Manjeshwari P MYSORE
- Yamashita/Medina Standard, Richard Thripp
- drops of dew, binod bastola
- Hello, This Is Reez, Rimni chakravarty