Amazement is not yet lessened,
The Earth still revolves around,
The planets and galaxies go on,
They circle on determined routes;
All paths of the world are fragrant,
And each step with soil is scented.
The old desire to achieve the goal,
Is still spirited with courage and faith.
The Sun still brightens the world,
Winds blow with the same delicacy.
The caravans are stepping ahead,
Birds are flying into the high zones,
This route will take a turn a slight afar,
You will find the destination in front,
And at the yonder end of the sight,
21st Century waits for you to greet,
With the best wishes and sweet tidings.
Shahida Latif's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (21st Century by Shahida Latif )
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)