35 W Bridge
Bridge collapsed on highway 35,
some people didn’t make it out alive.
There was some daring souls,
that went into rescue victims
they didn’t know.
Now this was a great tragedy,
that happened over river Mississippi,
President Bush came out to see,
he helped a little,
but here’s the story:
South side of bridge decks goes one way,
and then it falls,
leaving a death toll.
50 feet from center line,
Superstructure goes the other way,
bringing people to an early grave.
Now I say,
Pollution had played it’s part,
causing the metal truss's joints,
to give away from the very start.
Just like the soil below this bridge,
it was contaminated by
'coal to gas' processing plant,
thank you for listening to my rant.
Also fumes from cars
make black ice,
on bridge not very nice.
I believe if there was never any pollution,
this would of never happened,
and we wouldn’t need a solution.
Written by Suzanna Chevalier Feb.20,2011
Suzanna Chevalier's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (35 W Bridge by Suzanna Chevalier )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Strange is Life, Smoky Hoss
- Voice of your bangles, ramesh rai
- Eternal Love, Jesus James Llorico
- Butterfly, Tiku akp
- How time flies, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Precipice, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- The Striped Goodness Of The Candy Cane C.., mary douglas
- Where my soul resides like a flightless .., Mark Heathcote
- The Poets Behold From Heaven Their Words.., mary douglas
- The New Life: Fourth Stage for Marie, Daniel Brick