cheryl davis miller
4 Brave Americans
Was Ambassador Stevens Democrat
or was he a Republican?
Well it matters not in the least to me;
for he was an American.
It's a painful boil within my heart
a sad grieving upon my soul.
That my country just looked the other way
while our enemy reached their goal.
A goal to humiliate this strong land
and to rub some shame in our face.
To show us there's no one beyond their reach
they think us an infidel race.
The media mocks the cries for answers
call it ploys of Republicans.
Despite the party of Benghazi's four
they were four brave Americans.
cheryl davis miller's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (4 Brave Americans by cheryl davis miller )
- Diwali for the dead, Saheb Mohapatra
- DIWALI (Never have I seen.....), Saheb Mohapatra
- Waiting On The Mayflower, Evie Shockley
- All the time, Cee Bea
- Friend in the Desert, michael walkerjohn
- O men, worship Kali, gajanan mishra
- Pantoum: Landing, 1976, Evie Shockley
- To Voice Anew so Listen, michael walkerjohn
- On New Year's Eve, Evie Shockley
- Lifeline, Evie Shockley
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Drinking Song, William Butler Yeats
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1886 - 1967)