5 Minutes of ITV2 Fame
After a fair share of debauchery
stretched over a week
it had caught up with me.
I was in trouble
The television cameras had got us.
It was for some reality TV show
about building confidence
for being a best man.
They should have interviewed me
I’ve done it twice.
I was an unbeatable authority on the subject
and I knew my way round a speech.
I was a subtle talker.
Only a fool shouts his ‘truth’ from the rooftops.
The sun beat and the traffic beeped and it was all too much.
I felt like the drink in my hand was going to make me throw up.
It wasn’t good.
I was on the fourth hangover of the week now.
It was Thursday.
I wasn’t eating well.
I needed to repair and rest or I was going to expire.
Gary Diamond's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (5 Minutes of ITV2 Fame by Gary Diamond )
- MODERN CROOK: DARK SECRET SOCIETY, Dominic George
- THE UNSUNG SIDE OF MAGIC (Acrostic poem:.., Dominic George
- DEVASTATED MOTHER, Dominic George
- CLOWN'S SNEER, Dominic George
- THE IRK CRY OF A LONELY GHOUL, Dominic George
- The Whole Wide World, Margaret Alice Second
- Chili con carne in september, Madrason writer
- IN SINS BONDAGE, Dominic George
- HOMO SAPIEN: PERCEPTION OF BEAUTY, Dominic George
- Discipline and decorum., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(2 June 1840 – 11 January 1928)