60 And 73 Years
I have two good friends one is 60, the other 73,
Sometimes they wonder, why them and not me,
The young and the innocent they parish so fast,
As almost like eternity the wicked seem to last.
Older I grow the more foolish I find myself to be,
Is this statement his confession or an apology?
Ways of, “Karma” is beyond a mortal’s, “Ken, ”
You seek God without His being absent within.
Unremitting perseverance without harming any,
But in all of society there’s destruction of many,
A sinner of the, “first water” swimming miseries,
Those of freedom lost not found way before me.
Much keener than mine, their death an undertow,
And still somehow I was left unpunished to grow,
Friends, relatives, countrymen, enemies, why so?
I ask, I read, I pray and yet no one seems to know.
Ah, the many mysteries of life itself what say you?
Different from the perspective if maybe a, Hindu?
Let God guide with peace as your mead my friend,
With all the blessings of hope & prosperity. Amen!
Anyone who can relate to this should stop & give a nod,
Of Praise & Worship to the 1 and Only True Living GOD,
Understand it is absolutely nothing we alone have done,
So acknowledge Whom and where life truly comes from.
Enough aren’t being lead by any of the Holy books,
Up, down, left, right or straight yeah just take a look,
Too many friends passed beyond this vale of tears,
While we look back at undeserved 60 and 73 years.
Luke Easter's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (60 And 73 Years by Luke Easter )
- Beside you walks a woman, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- A name on the tree, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Standing In The Middle, Katherine Perry
- Non - Compliance, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Not Understanding, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Is homosexual an adultery?, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- my heart zeal's with the angels, Antonio Liao
- Peace Of The Soul, Michael McParland
- Dream: Not Scream, Aftab Alam
- Do you?, Petai Jirakongpipat
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dirge, Ralph Waldo Emerson
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Incident In A Rose Garden (By Donald Jus.., michael zhitnitsky
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)