Lawrence S. Pertillar
By the time I was the age twenty-one,
I felt I had accomplished more in a few years...
With so much to have experienced,
Than the living of the years I had done.
And after witnessing nearly 46 years,
Away from those days with ups and downs...
To shedding buckets of tears,
From swollen eyes to pour over smiles and frowns...
I know I am grateful and truly blessed.
With little bitterness that is left to express.
I now let my success(s) speak for themselves.
Since I sit sometimes disbelieving...
I managed to get any rest at all.
Even though it had been claimed,
I did a lot of 'that' and nothing else!
If other folks were giving their opinions to listen.
I thank God I was able to distance,
From what had been mentioned.
I am so glad I followed to take YOUR lead.
If I had not and 'assumed' my abilities,
None of what I've done and continue to pursue...
Could or would have been possible without YOU.'
And 'IF' I am blessed to witness age 67,
YOU and I have been at this for a long time,
Sometimes it feels as if it has been longer than that!
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (~67~ by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- Family Watching Television, Justin Reamer
- Matrimonial, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- And Diamond Light Filled The Kingdom, mary douglas
- Its your bday again, Sneha Celine
- The Ice Cream Panes Of August Melt, mary douglas
- Mad truth....., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Summer's End, Rebecca Leidner
- Before the Storm, Justin Reamer
- A Fast Approaching Storm (tanka), hap rochelle
- Rescue Dog, Rebecca Leidner