Lawrence S. Pertillar
By the time I was the age twenty-one,
I felt I had accomplished more in a few years...
With so much to have experienced,
Than the living of the years I had done.
And after witnessing nearly 46 years,
Away from those days with ups and downs...
To shedding buckets of tears,
From swollen eyes to pour over smiles and frowns...
I know I am grateful and truly blessed.
With little bitterness that is left to express.
I now let my success(s) speak for themselves.
Since I sit sometimes disbelieving...
I managed to get any rest at all.
Even though it had been claimed,
I did a lot of 'that' and nothing else!
If other folks were giving their opinions to listen.
I thank God I was able to distance,
From what had been mentioned.
I am so glad I followed to take YOUR lead.
If I had not and 'assumed' my abilities,
None of what I've done and continue to pursue...
Could or would have been possible without YOU.'
And 'IF' I am blessed to witness age 67,
YOU and I have been at this for a long time,
Sometimes it feels as if it has been longer than that!
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (~67~ by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(13 December 1797 – 17 February 1856)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 May 1779 – 25 February 1852)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
William Ernest Henley
(1849 - 1902)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Song Of Despair, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Openly kicked, hasmukh amathalal
- No plight, hasmukh amathalal
- A language has its, gajanan mishra
- What'z a Curmudgeon?, douglas scotney
- Hiding under speechless thoughts, Yisel Chong
- Matthias Pantaleon III, Matthias Pantaleon
- What Happens?, David Lewis Paget
- Noticing Children's Behaviors, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Girl From My School, Matthias Pantaleon
- Reading and writing, gajanan mishra