A Bad Choice
What am I doing?
What’s wrong with me?
What caused me to do this?
Was it really necessary?
Why have I got myself,
Into all this trouble?
Trashed up my life
Left with this terrible rubble!
I chose the wrong friends
Who left me far behind
And took all I had
Without me being in mind
I chose this life for me,
And picked this screwy scam
Leaving who I was behind
While forgetting who I really am!
Shelby Lanier's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Bad Choice by Shelby Lanier )
- Story of a postman, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- A Boy & his Lamb, narasanna n narasanna n
- Let Alone Me, Asma Riaz Khan
- The Unbearable, Lilly Emery
- My Childhood poem-3, soulful heart
- Nature Expresses Itself, Rohit Sapra
- I sold myself, Asma Riaz Khan
- Beauty, narasanna n narasanna n
- This Week's Spread, Jim Creston
- The Other Side, David Harris
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)