A Barber writes
It's a rainy day
Nobody peeps yet?
I sweep the floor
Last night's gathering
All sort of hair.
And it's very hard to segregrate
This's King's and that's Pauper's
Some were straight and some kinky,
Anyway I took the shovel and collected
All into the same bin.
And a customer comes in,
Offered me a big note
For a Crew cut!
I said sorry as I do not have change.
And he promised to return the money
Some other day but he never returned.
And quite sometimes I came to know
That he's a rebellious blacklisted Lawyer
From a quiet village.
And he's killed by an unknown
On his way home at midnight!
Still I could sniff that odor
Some kind of spirit in the soul!
*Death will come on padded feet
Carrying Roses in its mouth.
nimal dunuhinga's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Barber writes by nimal dunuhinga )
- Trembling Thirst, Mantu Mahakul
- Final Truth, Mantu Mahakul
- The Sower And the Seed, George Egba
- Garden capers, Mark Heathcote
- Controlling the five senses leads one to.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Buried in my chest, Meena Mustafa
- Unlike Many, Alade Abayomi IdrisWhite
- Many Heavens, George Hunter
- Pronounce Or Never, George Egba
- How now, george albot
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Heather Burns
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)