A Barber writes
It's a rainy day
Nobody peeps yet?
I sweep the floor
Last night's gathering
All sort of hair.
And it's very hard to segregrate
This's King's and that's Pauper's
Some were straight and some kinky,
Anyway I took the shovel and collected
All into the same bin.
And a customer comes in,
Offered me a big note
For a Crew cut!
I said sorry as I do not have change.
And he promised to return the money
Some other day but he never returned.
And quite sometimes I came to know
That he's a rebellious blacklisted Lawyer
From a quiet village.
And he's killed by an unknown
On his way home at midnight!
Still I could sniff that odor
Some kind of spirit in the soul!
*Death will come on padded feet
Carrying Roses in its mouth.
nimal dunuhinga's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Barber writes by nimal dunuhinga )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Lard, Edward Kofi Louis
- The Road to Silence, John F. McCullagh
- UH-1 Iroquois, Kyle Schlicher
- Owl-Moon Night & The Rickshaw-puller, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Sagacious Senryus, Diane Hine
- A miner 49er (golden dreams), Monk E. Biz
- SATELLITE MOUTHS, alexander opicho
- Praying A Relief, Amitava Sur
- Infant Morning, Kyle Schlicher
- Broken Homes?, Ellirie Aviles