A Barber writes
It's a rainy day
Nobody peeps yet?
I sweep the floor
Last night's gathering
All sort of hair.
And it's very hard to segregrate
This's King's and that's Pauper's
Some were straight and some kinky,
Anyway I took the shovel and collected
All into the same bin.
And a customer comes in,
Offered me a big note
For a Crew cut!
I said sorry as I do not have change.
And he promised to return the money
Some other day but he never returned.
And quite sometimes I came to know
That he's a rebellious blacklisted Lawyer
From a quiet village.
And he's killed by an unknown
On his way home at midnight!
Still I could sniff that odor
Some kind of spirit in the soul!
*Death will come on padded feet
Carrying Roses in its mouth.
nimal dunuhinga's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Barber writes by nimal dunuhinga )
- Grandma's Message of Faith, Becky Netherland
- The Rebirth Of Nigeria(October 1st indep.., Adewale Ajakanri
- Seastorm, Saiom Shriver
- Corridors Of Mindless Sacrifice, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Beneath A Broad Smile, John Dadzie
- The prodigal brother, Mark Heathcote
- Happy birthday late Mum, Adewale Ajakanri
- Dark Room, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Then you go inside yourself., RIC S. BASTASA
- There's No Escaping Family, A.J. Kent
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)