Wishing For Perfection
A Beautiful Cure
Everyone says its an addiction
something i cant break
Everyone says im weak
and a little too emotional.
Well everyone doesnt know
the pain that hides behind these eyes.
Nor will they ever...
They only see me from the outside
only able to see what i show
They only see what they want to see
so that they dont need to know
They all want to help.
No. I wont let them.
My cure works just fine.
The more i take
The less i can feel
The more i take
The less i remember
I take just enough
not enough to make me deathly sick
but enough to make my body numb
and my memory fade.
A beautiful cure it is.
Wishing For Perfection's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Beautiful Cure by Wishing For Perfection )
- Have You Lost Your Human Values?, Cynthia BuhainBaello
- Haunted, James coupland
- How Blessed Are Those, Shalom Freedman
- Individual Reasons, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Gentle Laughter, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- PH: Nature: Canoeing the Mississippi #5, Brian Johnston
- Existence Of An Only Time, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Diwali..., DRASHI SHAH
- Season And Interest, George Egba
- Heart Turned To Stone, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Drinking Song, William Butler Yeats
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)