A beggar maid sings in an awful night!
If you want to see the World
Though I am blind,
Ready to give my eyes.
If you're hungry
Share my bread crumb.
And if you're thirsty
Please sip my broken tumbler.
If you want a shelter and a warmth
I can move to a side on the road
And in the sleep if you want my heart,
Please remove that without giving me a slight pain
As I cannot bear this loneliness any further!
*to the young poetess in Massachusetts Shani Bogamuwa!
nimal dunuhinga's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A beggar maid sings in an awful night! by nimal dunuhinga )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- The Persecuted, Sandra Feldman
- wedding day, ademola oluwabusayo
- Dream the moon, Somanathan Iyer
- आंनि देरा, Bahadur Basumatary
- Oh Israel, Michael Shutt
- Paper publisher, Dr PJ Raj Kamal
- We Lost Our Run, Rites Ghosh
- Left are the words unspoken, Aditi Khandelwal
- Poetry, Tony Adah
- For Carl Harrison (My Life Long Friend), Dave Alan Walker