A beggar maid sings in an awful night!
If you want to see the World
Though I am blind,
Ready to give my eyes.
If you're hungry
Share my bread crumb.
And if you're thirsty
Please sip my broken tumbler.
If you want a shelter and a warmth
I can move to a side on the road
And in the sleep if you want my heart,
Please remove that without giving me a slight pain
As I cannot bear this loneliness any further!
*to the young poetess in Massachusetts Shani Bogamuwa!
nimal dunuhinga's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A beggar maid sings in an awful night! by nimal dunuhinga )
- Make the world go round, Bull Hawking
- We All Feel Better In The Dark, Michael McParland
- Freeing Up Space, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Our Two souls connected in that moment s.., Erato
- Faithful, Forgiving & Kind., Tom Zart
- A Striking Woman, Naveed Akram
- A bird on the roof, Slim Jay
- It's Every thing, Cee Bea
- A good teacher, Slim Jay
- The Constant., Tony Adah
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)