A Birthday Poem for Ligaya
With joy you work,
With joy you talk,
Your joy puts others at ease,
Time with you they wouldn't miss.
I see your joy, when from Germany you come,
laying down your presents for me, one by one,
clothes, cosmetics, chocolates and cheese.
your choices always right, how come?
I sense your joy, when in turn, you see
my gifts of pink pearls custom-made for me,
'though they're used, your eyes shine brightly,
with Philippine-made bags, you receive them with glee.
You are joy
as Joy you are named
with kin and friend
your joy is shared.
You are in this lifetime as my sister born,
through ups and downs we've come,
verbal fights and silent wars long gone,
freely fond feelings fanned.
Your joys are my joys,
My joys are your joys,
May they flow endlessly
as we grow spiritually.
Happy birthday with all best wishes!
(For my sister, Ligaya (Joy), on her birthday-13 June/10: 40 P.M. 12 June 2007/Pasig City, Philippines)
Joscephine Gomez's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Birthday Poem for Ligaya by Joscephine Gomez )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Religion is a recreation., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- I have got my body, gajanan mishra
- Many Types of Pain, Christina Seyoum
- Good things, hasmukh amathalal
- I failed to understand this world, gajanan mishra
- Now I am Mr. Delight, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- The 7 Signs of The Holy Night...(In Haik.., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- The Day After Chris+mas...(A 10 Word Acr.., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- So encouraging, hasmukh amathalal
- So Good, Michael P. McParland