A Birthday Poem for Ligaya
With joy you work,
With joy you talk,
Your joy puts others at ease,
Time with you they wouldn't miss.
I see your joy, when from Germany you come,
laying down your presents for me, one by one,
clothes, cosmetics, chocolates and cheese.
your choices always right, how come?
I sense your joy, when in turn, you see
my gifts of pink pearls custom-made for me,
'though they're used, your eyes shine brightly,
with Philippine-made bags, you receive them with glee.
You are joy
as Joy you are named
with kin and friend
your joy is shared.
You are in this lifetime as my sister born,
through ups and downs we've come,
verbal fights and silent wars long gone,
freely fond feelings fanned.
Your joys are my joys,
My joys are your joys,
May they flow endlessly
as we grow spiritually.
Happy birthday with all best wishes!
(For my sister, Ligaya (Joy), on her birthday-13 June/10: 40 P.M. 12 June 2007/Pasig City, Philippines)
Joscephine Gomez's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Birthday Poem for Ligaya by Joscephine Gomez )
- Three Days Before You Left, Mikey Bachman
- Conceptualizing Thoughts, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- When someone, hasmukh amathalal
- Different Thoughts, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A Little Abstract, Naveed Khalid
- With a logic, hasmukh amathalal
- Peaceful Sophistication, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- She Walks By Starlight, Mikey Bachman
- Snowdon, Naveed Khalid
- Intuition, Naveed Khalid