Diana van den Berg
A Branch Shook
A branch shook.
A leaf detached itself
on to my verandah in the sunlight.
A bird had taken flight
from a height
above the eaves
and out of sight.
I wondered what bird it was.
I still don’t know.
Diana van den Berg's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Branch Shook by Diana van den Berg )
- Dreams Incarnate, Dylan Engelbrecht
- The Rose, Neela Nath
- No one to question, hasmukh amathalal
- She does, hasmukh amathalal
- Multi-dimensional; heavens?, Mark Heathcote
- Watch, ramesh rai
- You Know I Do, Michael McParland
- Drowning, Neela Nath
- Where to go, gajanan mishra
- This African Woman, Anthony Seyi Abiodun
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)