A Brand-New Day
The barometer is rising
Nary a cloud in the blue sky;
A beautiful springtime morning.
And from the east a fiery eye
Peeks again from the horizon;
In waxing light the birds all sing
Their songs from leas down in the glen.
An errant goose decides to wing
In search of her straying gander,
The stubborn early morning dew
Clings to Ground Ivy and clover;
Another day arrives anew.
A photograph this scene would bless
But pictures one day fade away
Depicting words in rhymed verses
Will last this day and for always.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Brand-New Day by Albert Ahearn )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Life is Music, Maverick Jones
- Hospice Volunteer Thank You, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- If you are to abandon, gajanan mishra
- The day on the tract of the life, Ponniah Ganeshan
- Ocean, Maverick Jones
- Midnight Train, Petra Maria
- Budget and the poem, gajanan mishra
- Killer in the Shadows, Maverick Jones
- Get Name And Number, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- No loss, gajanan mishra