A Brief Short Story: In The Head Of A Sniper
He hired a professional sniper to shut him accurately in the heart; one shut, one bullet, quick and perfectly done.
after walking out from the meeting with the sniper, a cold thought melted his guts:
'why i need to be hunted and shut dead? '
'is it important to die like a hunted animal, or a hero'
'where and when from now? '
'is there anything i forgot? '
'is there anything i need to claim before i die more than claiming my own death? '
'is there anything that will stop this accurate bullet? '
' or should i run away, hide from the sniper? after all he his a human being with at least one unique skill. will he suddenly shift his intention from being a sniper to a compassionate peace keeper or something else completely different?
what is my odds, what is my luck?
it looks, to me life is chasing a bullet from heart to heart'
Atef Ayadi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Brief Short Story: In The Head Of A Sniper by Atef Ayadi )
- THEY GOT TIRED, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- MY WAYطريقي, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Genes, jeans!, Edward Kofi Louis
- Ticking Over, Yvonne Rautenbach
- In A Confused World, Edward Kofi Louis
- MY WAY, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- You need someone, hasmukh amathalal
- Organized team, hasmukh amathalal
- I Am Weird and I Am Happy, Rohit Sapra
- Beloved Alice (Square Sonnet I), Rohan Nath