A Brief Short Story: In The Head Of A Sniper
He hired a professional sniper to shut him accurately in the heart; one shut, one bullet, quick and perfectly done.
after walking out from the meeting with the sniper, a cold thought melted his guts:
'why i need to be hunted and shut dead? '
'is it important to die like a hunted animal, or a hero'
'where and when from now? '
'is there anything i forgot? '
'is there anything i need to claim before i die more than claiming my own death? '
'is there anything that will stop this accurate bullet? '
' or should i run away, hide from the sniper? after all he his a human being with at least one unique skill. will he suddenly shift his intention from being a sniper to a compassionate peace keeper or something else completely different?
what is my odds, what is my luck?
it looks, to me life is chasing a bullet from heart to heart'
Atef Ayadi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Brief Short Story: In The Head Of A Sniper by Atef Ayadi )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- Let Me, Lauren B Called
- Consider a Change in Direction, Seema Chowdhury
- Twilight Corsage Of The King Of Heaven, mary douglas
- God, Show Me the Way, Seema Chowdhury
- A Baby Mobile As Impossibly The Pattern .., mary douglas
- Calm Negative Emotions, Seema Chowdhury
- Leaf, gajanan mishra
- MAZZIN VILLAGE ضيعة مزين, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Hello.... Sweetie!, Leylek D. Sovura
- It Is Our Destiny, Seema Chowdhury