A BROKEN HEART
he's watching me, silently,
hoping that I won't see.
his blue eyes glaring,
his mouth slowly curving.
he likes when I write.
I can tell.
he finally gets courage,
and comes to talk to me.
he walks over slowly,
and begins to get nervous.
we look into each others eyes for a minute,
before he speaks.
I look at him with sorrow in my eyes.
I see he puts his head down as I speak.
he looks at me without glee.
I turn my head and begin to feel sorry.
he finally leaves with tears in his eyes.
and I knew the moment I said no,
that he had a broken heart
chidiebere franklin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A BROKEN HEART by chidiebere franklin )
- थिरिँ बिरिँ #16, Ronjoy Brahma
- थिरिँ बिरिँ #15, Ronjoy Brahma
- Divine stage, hasmukh amathalal
- Normal, Foster Teegarden
- थिरिँ बिरिँ #14, Ronjoy Brahma
- थिरिँ बिरिँ #13, Ronjoy Brahma
- Duty, Obligation, love-optional, Mr. Nobody Nothing
- Need not stuff, hasmukh amathalal
- Lonely Hearts, Sandra Feldman
- Strikethrough, Foster Teegarden
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Ralph Waldo Emerson
(1803 - 1882)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)