A Buddhist Fantasy
Unlocked is the world's copper gate.
High in its gate-vault here I stand,
and what I see is infinitely great,
and no sight is so without end.
However deep I look, however far,
my gaze receives no help beneath.
All that I know exists no more -
not great, not small - not life, not death.
One single step on pathways free,
and for me all return is closed…
Why do you quake? Up, follow me!
For the universe's copper gate is forced!
Karin Boye's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Buddhist Fantasy by Karin Boye )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Concepts Of Virtue, Joseph T. Renaldi
- im looking for a g f, cristobal Benjumea
- Walking Away Strong, Maverick Jones
- The Love Letter (a lost art?), LUVinThe NOW
- gout, lee fones
- I Used To Walk, Juan Olivarez
- Bastard, Donald Charon
- A Final Attempt, Lilly Emery
- yu hii na sham ho jaye,, Aftab Alam
- Silent Legend, RoseAnn V. Shawiak