See the mighty clouds, whose distant lofty tops
proud, shimmering rise, white as white snow!
Calmly they glide on, at last in calm to die below,
slowly dissolving in a shower of cool drops.
Majestic clouds - smiling onward they go straight
through life, through death in brilliant sun,
in ether so clear and pure, dark care unknown,
with quiet and grand contempt for their fate.
Would I were granted, festively proud as those,
to climb where the bustle of worlds does not tread
and bear the sunlight's golden wreath around my head
no matter how angrily round me the storms' roar goes.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Clouds by Karin Boye )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- I Want To Write You A Note, Lilly Emery
- Oxford street, Amitie Abedi
- Woman's Voice, Kate Harrington
- Chaotic Dance, Saiom Shriver
- Carousel of Marriage, Donal Mahoney
- I Am Waiting For Thee, Kate Harrington
- Oh My God, Ronjoy Brahma
- Shark, Gwen Green
- Waving Fronds, Saiom Shriver
- Seasons Of The Seas, Saiom Shriver