A Call to Arms (Dedicated to Sunprincess)
I beg you, hear this call to arms
Leave your offices and farms
Desert your shops and factories
And help us cure this world disease.
When half the world is starving
And the children have no hope
We stand idly by and watch
Some mindless T.V soap!
Our governments sell arms to thugs
without a second thought
Regardless that the carnage will
On innocents be wrought.
Our banks provide the funding
For this foul and evil trade
And then take big fat bonuses
On profits that they've made.
Church leaders squat in corners
Well hidden from the fray
They need to join us in our quest
And come with us today.
The monarchy cares not a jot
Except for luxury
They cannot see the storm that brews
They lack reality.
But as for us, we have a voice
It's time to shout out loud
We require equality
This time we won't be cowed!
Violence we will not need
We will not play their game
We know who we voted for
We know who to shame!
So, help me in this call to arms
And join me in this quest
To make the world a better place
Before we seek our rest.
Owain Glyn's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Call to Arms (Dedicated to Sunprincess) by Owain Glyn )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- a hundred and twenty two miles, months, .., Mandolyn ...
- Jumbled Sewing Basket, Green And White W.., mary douglas
- Hospitality (Section 9 of Thirukural), rajendran muthiah
- Crushed, Gergana Teofilova
- Not a big deal, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Affinity with truth for all times, gajanan mishra
- Affinity with truth, gajanan mishra
- To the dodo, Hrishikesh Bharadwaj
- what are you for me, Lalit Kaira
- The elephant in the refrigerator, Diana Rosser