A Call to Arms (Dedicated to Sunprincess)
I beg you, hear this call to arms
Leave your offices and farms
Desert your shops and factories
And help us cure this world disease.
When half the world is starving
And the children have no hope
We stand idly by and watch
Some mindless T.V soap!
Our governments sell arms to thugs
without a second thought
Regardless that the carnage will
On innocents be wrought.
Our banks provide the funding
For this foul and evil trade
And then take big fat bonuses
On profits that they've made.
Church leaders squat in corners
Well hidden from the fray
They need to join us in our quest
And come with us today.
The monarchy cares not a jot
Except for luxury
They cannot see the storm that brews
They lack reality.
But as for us, we have a voice
It's time to shout out loud
We require equality
This time we won't be cowed!
Violence we will not need
We will not play their game
We know who we voted for
We know who to shame!
So, help me in this call to arms
And join me in this quest
To make the world a better place
Before we seek our rest.
Owain Glyn's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Call to Arms (Dedicated to Sunprincess) by Owain Glyn )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Dream A World, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
- Let America be America Again, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Osho, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Many Third-Classers, Bijay Kant Dubey
- As A Man, I Hate The Fanatic The Most, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Bapu, In Your Memory, Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Mirth of William, James Merchant
- -Untitled- (2), Morgan Siegel
- The Short Ballad of Egg Boy, James Merchant
- Logic in Life, Jayatissa Liyanage
- - Lady Andrea on the meadowland, Giorgio A. V.
- Lady Andrea on the meadowland, Giorgio A. V.