A Soft Summer's Day
We sit by the stream
On this soft summer's day
Entranced by the dance
As the dragonflies play.
A waggle tailed moorhen
Leads young to the nest
While the arrogant Swan
Knows she's looking her best.
In the meadow the mad Hare
Continues the chase
As the Spider weaves webs
That the dew turns to lace.
Overhead, soft white pillows
Cross pastel blue skies
And I gaze with pure joy
As I see skylarks rise.
I look at you sleeping, a smile on my face
And I thank Mother nature for sharing this place.
The silver stream gurgles on it's merry way
As I glory in you, and a soft summer's day.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Owain Glyn's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Soft Summer's Day by Owain Glyn )
- Holding on to a love, Jamie Fox
- Mixed Up, Ima Ryma
- Unseen water, Pintu Mahakul
- _Erato my Muse of love poetry, Erato
- An Emotional Story I Couldn't Tell, Godspower Oshodin
- Shift and Drift, Aftab Alam
- Rivalry is humane to time, Ajala Samuel Akindele
- Certain attitudes to be followed by the .., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Sorry-Wrong Number, Aftab Alam
- Gripes of. Freedom, Nalini Chaturvedi