~A Candid Conversation~
It seems so right in the moment
Then it's over
Enticements in the night
Wearing darkness as a cover
It steers from the right
Into left handed sleight
It manipulates your eyes
As your shackled along for the ride
So this is the tour
I'll be your guide
You want to know my name
But you will learn in time
Lets take a trip down memory lane
Remember beholding this sight?
You held this anchor as a weight
Right before the cast, you sighed
I didn't like the waves there
That I wont deny
Well this is just a memory
You can leave at any time
So what about these shackles
They appear to bind?
Oh those are just an illusion
They've been unlocked the whole time
So what's the purpose of this venture
All the smoke and lights?
What's the purpose of your questions
When you're still along for the ride?
There's an octagon with 4 letters
Forming a word
Do what it says
Now! I said STOP!
Get out and tell me what is your name?
If you must know I hold many titles
But, you can call me seduction
Seduction what is your purpose?
To lead you to the introduction of error
But, it doesn't look like you'll be meeting today
I don't ever want to meet error
Then you will remember my purpose...
Allan Gerard's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (~A Candid Conversation~ by Allan Gerard )
Did you read them?
- The Eternal Moment, Yohan Confectioner
- Drinks, Yohan Confectioner
- Adolescence, Yohan Confectioner
- Stillness, Yohan Confectioner
- Time In History, George Egba
- Jadavpur University Campus, The Coffee H.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Nature To You, Yohan Confectioner
- Dreams Come, Yohan Confectioner
- ZZ Bomb Abroad. Spank At Home, Saiom Shriver
- Dreams Go, Yohan Confectioner
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)