A Change in Thinking
I'm alive and finally clear
About the reason I am here.
It was something that I longed for through the years.
Many times I wondered why
That at night sometimes I'd cry.
It was cleansing out my body through my tears.
I was happy with my life
As a mother and a wife.
But, still was living with the same old fears.
I knew something was missing.
My brain kept on insisting
To change my perception of how the world appears.
And then I started healing
And changed how I was feeling.
It opened all the doors to new frontiers.
I'm feeling so at peace now
In finding out that somehow
That tolerance for all is what endears.
Edwina Reizer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Change in Thinking by Edwina Reizer )
- Tail of Two Buffalo s, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Not A Dream But Maybe What We Will, Hirotsugu Daba
- Remembering., Harold R Hunt Sr
- The tour bus of heaven., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Sirens, Alesia Leach
- American red, Harold R Hunt Sr
- The Race is on., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Decree's, Cee Bea
- A letter to a soldier., Harold R Hunt Sr
- 11 Days Before Christmas, Harold R Hunt Sr
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
Percy Bysshe Shelley