John Carter Brown
John Carter Brown Poems
- Poem For V.E. Day Victory in Europe Fifty years ago; To ...
- John Brown (An Acrostic) Jazz is just about the Only type of...
- A Wise Man I wish I was a wise man And all the answers knew,...
- Acrostics (An Acrostic) Acrostics can be Constructed in a ...
- A Hole In My Sock I've noticed, again, a small hole in my ...
- Vitamin B Oh vitamin B, how I've missed you, My body has ...
- Eleven Today Roses are red Violets are blue Today you're ...
Lancashire lad, born and bred. Twice married, and with 5 children. Educated at Secondary Modern, but left in 1965 with no academic qualifications-(they were not mandatory back then) Moved to Somerset in 1990, then took a GCSE in English in 1994 (out of curiosity) and passed with a Grade B. This then spurred me on to have a go at writing poetry, which I have been doing, sporadically ever since. I moved back to Wigan in 2000.
My main hobbies are: Listening to music (I also play guitar, and have written a few songs): Gardening; Reading; Walking, and Photography.
Uncomplicated poetry from an uncomplicated man. I hope you enjoy my work. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Poem For V.E. Day
Victory in Europe
Fifty years ago;
To some it doesn't mean a thing,
It happened long ago.
It's just a thing they talk about,
Those old men down the street;
Todays kids cannot understand,
They never felt the heat.
They never knew the torment,
The heartache, pain and death;
They've never seen a soldier
That's fighting for his breath.
The victory in Europe
Was certainly hard won
For who lost a brother,
A father or a son;
For men who gave the ultimate
Upon some foreign land;
A poppy for a head-stone
Now growing in ...