A charred delight
The flame rips her way through dark,
brightening the sullen air with her spark.
All acclaim her dazzling light,
the fire an emblem of passion and might.
Onlookers conceive her as such a 'delight',
unmindful of her 'tearful' sight.
Oblivious to her discomfort,
so blind to her anguished state.
Awed and stunned by her elegant frame,
they call her by the finest name.
Slowly and silently the silhouette melts,
the thawing beauty remains undwelt.
She lights up the world and burns within,
she stifles and gulps under griefs unseen.
A joy she spreads, a hope she brings,
concealing her woes a candle blinks.
joana bluementhal's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A charred delight by joana bluementhal )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- The Character of a Happy Life, Sir Henry Wotton
Poem of the Day
- Broken Not Forgotten, Melissa Furey
- 2 ReaD A LinE Or 2 - Sh# ThaT they $mOkE.., sEaN nOrTh
- The Past, Sari Mavi
- winter clothes, Eric Ericson
- Sonnet11: 'Whose Mistresses These Are? '.., Pijush Biswas
- Deep in vogue, Stephen Brian Brady
- Deep into the Sea, Reagan A. Latumbo
- Save the girls, gajanan mishra
- Awaiting For Spring, Rimni chakravarty
- Light a fire, gajanan mishra