A Childless Man
A childless man children I've never had
And though young boy or girl has never called me dad
I'm not alone, I'm not the only one
Who has never fathered a daughter or a son.
A fertility test I have never undergone
But without my genes human life will carry on
More births than deaths it's always been that way
And the human population on the increase every day.
I'm childless man to say so I'm not shy
That I have never fathered girl or boy
And still the race of humans multiply
And I don't have regrets and why should I?
I'm childless man but I know I'm not rare
As there are childless men and women everywhere
No child to hug me call me dad and say
'The teacher said that I was good today'.
I'm childless man no children to enjoy
And without the gift of Parenthood I'll die
And though no child will say I love you dad to me
Why should I regret what was not meant to be.
Francis Duggan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Childless Man by Francis Duggan )
Did you read them?
- Marbella Marbella, James coupland
- Now Or Never, Marites C. Cayetano
- dance, Cee Bea
- Happy Halloween, Natarajan Ramaseshan
- I Saw You, But Could Not Say I Love You .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Honour Killing, Whose Honour, Where's Ho.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Seminar Activity, Bijay Kant Dubey
- A Story of a thousand Hopes, clawdea benat
- gLoW hideing OfF iN2 thE sUnsEt, sEaN nOrTh
- Absence, Ibrahim Nasrallah
Poem of the Day
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Would Live In Your Love, Sara Teasdale
- November, Thomas Hood
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- "Hope" is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- A Character, William Wordsworth
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(8 August 1884 – 29 January 1933)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)