A cold autumn's night
Sink deep in their yellow skins, autumn steams on.
Spent memory will depart, so will my youth.
My new steps flow in tautness, oh, so restive.
Life’s beats swayed its frosty chants, mine swathed along.
Stilled water in frozen pond, glommed for truth and warmth.
Once summer olden dream returns, haste on her way.
Across the old pond, the kind bell shaded cold wind.
Small passions for now, soon mint snow sprinkles fresh hopes.
Soaked deep in their orange skins, autumn will soon end.
Swilled of heavy angst, hovered thoughts, hard-nosed firmed breath.
I sat in dense silence, then hummed a hearty prayer.
Graduation is anon, tomorrow shall bond.
Duy Bui's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A cold autumn's night by Duy Bui )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- school lunch woes and whoa it's healthy!, Mandolyn ...
- lack of caffeine means this, Mandolyn ...
- Happy Birthday Son, Rowina M Mallick
- Why Do Turtles Cross The Road?, Darlene Walsh
- Distress, Nick Kler
- To Be A Poet Traced Stepping Stones, Terence G. Craddock
- Where Are The People Who Say They Love, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Cryptic Revealed Smile Enigmatic Eye Awa.., Terence G. Craddock
- X, Midnights Voice
- Drone .....[little SPY 'fly-by'; definit.., Bri Edwards