A cold autumn's night
Sink deep in their yellow skins, autumn steams on.
Spent memory will depart, so will my youth.
My new steps flow in tautness, oh, so restive.
Life’s beats swayed its frosty chants, mine swathed along.
Stilled water in frozen pond, glommed for truth and warmth.
Once summer olden dream returns, haste on her way.
Across the old pond, the kind bell shaded cold wind.
Small passions for now, soon mint snow sprinkles fresh hopes.
Soaked deep in their orange skins, autumn will soon end.
Swilled of heavy angst, hovered thoughts, hard-nosed firmed breath.
I sat in dense silence, then hummed a hearty prayer.
Graduation is anon, tomorrow shall bond.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A cold autumn's night by Duy Bui )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(10 February 1970-)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- Main To Jhonka Hu Hava Ka Ura Le Jaunga, Kumar Vishwas
- Best Friend (In Hindi), Tavneet Singh
Poem of the Day
- NIGHT WHISPER, john chizoba vincent
- Missing, Marilyn Jean
- Mourning Glory, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- I Seem Deprived, But..., Brave Hearts
- No More War for Heroes Forty-Four, Tom Navarro
- Vintage Dreams, Nika McGuin
- MOTHER'S CURSE, john chizoba vincent
- Little Images, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Risque, Tiku akp
- Loss of Innocence, Bijay Kant Dubey