A cold autumn's night
Sink deep in their yellow skins, autumn steams on.
Spent memory will depart, so will my youth.
My new steps flow in tautness, oh, so restive.
Life’s beats swayed its frosty chants, mine swathed along.
Stilled water in frozen pond, glommed for truth and warmth.
Once summer olden dream returns, haste on her way.
Across the old pond, the kind bell shaded cold wind.
Small passions for now, soon mint snow sprinkles fresh hopes.
Soaked deep in their orange skins, autumn will soon end.
Swilled of heavy angst, hovered thoughts, hard-nosed firmed breath.
I sat in dense silence, then hummed a hearty prayer.
Graduation is anon, tomorrow shall bond.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A cold autumn's night by Duy Bui )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(August 8, 1884 – January 29, 1933)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Sciences Take xx xxx xx Original .., Lee Mack
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
Poem of the Day
- WAR modern art-form of meaninglessness, George Dee Vuy
- I let myself, Elena Ioannou
- Love Is Hard, Is It Poetry
- Broken Waves, Pintu Mahakul
- PH: Poetry Writing: In Poetry, Brian Johnston
- Moving Out, Adriana Avila
- The Main Ingredient, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Missing From Action, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- 12 Poems (English) from the Poetry Hat, sheena blackhall
- Owl & Handbag, sheena blackhall